CPC Hearing on June 17, 2021 @ 8:30 a.m.
Written Comments Due June 15 @ 8:30am
June 2, 2021 Announcement
City Planning held a Public Hearing for the City Planning Commission (CPC) to receive input on the Draft Community Plan and Draft Zoning Code in December 2020. The Proposed Community Plan and Proposed Zoning Code will be considered by the CPC on June 17, 2021. Click here to access the Staff Recommendation Report, view related exhibits including the Proposed Plan and Proposed Zoning Code, view comments submitted by Downtown stakeholders, and view helpful summary materials.
Draft Plan and Zoning Documents
• CPC Staff Recommendation Report and Exhibits.
• Draft Downtown Community Plan Land Use Designation Map (Updated June 2021) – Designates where general uses and building scales are allowed (i.e residential, commercial) and establishes what specific zones can be allowed in different neighborhoods.
• Draft Zoning Map (Updated June 2021)
Interactive – searchable by address and provides property specific zoning regulations that can be downloaded
Printable – pdf maps showing proposed zoning string by subarea
• Draft Downtown Community Plan Implementation Overlay (CPIO) (Updated June 2021) – Includes standards for developments that provide community benefits (i.e. affordable housing, open space, community facilities), development standards for Bunker Hill and Civic Center, and design best practices.
• Circulation Map.
• Draft Environmental Impact Report.
• Proposed Draft of the new Zoning Code – Includes zoning districts, rules of measurement, and definitions.
June 17, 2021 City Planning Commission Meeting
The CPC will consider the Proposed Downtown Community Plan and Proposed Zoning Code on June 17, 2021, at a meeting beginning at 8:30 a.m. This virtual meeting is open to the public and will include an opportunity for public comment.
For information, including how to join the meeting, please see the City Planning Commission Meeting Agenda, which will be provided no later than 72 hours before the meeting at https://planning.lacity.org/about/commissions-boards-hearings.
Written comments to the City Planning Commission may be submitted by email through June 15, 2021 at 8:30 AM to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests for language translation services or other accommodations may be provided by email or phone a minimum of 72 hours prior to the CPC meeting. For general inquiries, including how to request translation services or other accommodations, contact the Commission Executive Assistant at (213) 978-1299 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
You can sign up here to receive future email notifications about the Plan.
For more information, visit https://planning.lacity.org/dtla2040.