Request for Continuance
On August 3, 2021, Council Districts 1, 9, and 14 issued a letter requesting that the CPC continue further deliberation of the Downtown Community Plan and New Zoning Code to September 23, 2021 or later.
What happened at the August 26, 2021 City Planning Commission Meeting?
At the August 26, 2021 CPC meeting, no formal action was taken and there was no opportunity for public comments. Commissioners voted to continue this item to September 23, 2021 and to proceed with deliberation that day. (The meeting lasted approximately 10 minutes.)
A supplemental report for the August 26, 2021 CPC meeting is available here.
What happens next?
A third CPC meeting is scheduled for September 23, 2021, where CPC will continue its deliberation over the Downtown Community Plan and new Zoning Code. This virtual meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. and is open to the public.
After a recommendation by CPC, staff will prepare a Final Environmental Impact Report, and the Downtown Community Plan and new Zoning Code will be brought before the Planning & Land Use Management (PLUM) committee of City Council, followed by full City Council, for adoption.
September 23, 2021 City Planning Commission Meeting
Instructions to Join Online via Zoom:
Thursday, September 23, 2021 8:30 a.m.
Meeting Link: https://planning-lacity-org.zoom.us/j/85984699942
Zoom Meeting Password: 809806
Instructions to Join by Telephone:
US: +1 213 338 8477 or +1 669 900 9128
Use Meeting ID: 859 8469 9942 and then press #.
Press # again when prompted for participant ID.
The meeting’s agenda is also available at https://planning.lacity.org/about/commissionsboards-hearings and/or by contacting email@example.com.
Requests for language translation services or other accommodations may be provided by email or phone a minimum of 72 hours prior to the CPC meeting. For general inquiries, including how to request translation services or other accommodations, contact the Commission Executive Assistant at (213) 978-1299 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is there still time to provide comments?
Additional comments from the public for consideration by the City Planning Commission may be submitted by email to email@example.com now and leading up to the third CPC meeting date on September 23, 2021. Details on protocols for submissions within the two weeks leading up to this date will be included on the agenda for this meeting once it is published.
General protocols for submissions typically follow the structure below:
• Initial Submissions, not limited as to volume, must be received by the Commission Executive Assistant no later than by 4:00 p.m. on the Monday prior to the week of the Commission meeting (September 13, 2021). Materials must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Secondary Submissions, additional comments must be received electronically no later than 48-hours before the Commission meeting (September 21, 2021, by 8:30 AM). Submissions shall not exceed ten (10) pages, including exhibits, and must be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
• Day of Hearing Submissions within 48 hours of the meeting, up to and including the day of the meeting (September 21, 2021, after 8:30 AM through to September 23, 8:30 AM), are limited to 2 pages plus accompanying photographs and must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary documents and informational materials.
As a reminder, materials to help you navigate the information are available at City Planning’s website here. Those in multiple languages are followed by a *.
• Fact Sheets on the Downtown Plan and the new Zoning Code with FAQs*
• Community Planning 101 webinar *Available in Spanish
• Downtown Community Plan Open House webinar
Interactive Zoning Map – including property-specific proposed zoning regulations
• A summary of changes and modifications made in the latest release as compared to the Fall 2020 iteration
• A “Zine” on equity and social justice within the proposed Downtown Community Plan*
• Community Benefits Program Summary
• June 17, 2021, City Planning Commission Staff Recommendation Report and Exhibits
• August 26, 2021, City Planning Commission Supplemental Staff Report
• Proposed Plan & New Zoning Code Presentation – Summer 2021
City Planning staff are also available to answer questions by contacting email@example.com or calling (213) 978-1911.
You can sign up here to receive future email notifications about the Plan.
For more information, visit https://planning.lacity.org/dtla2040.